The book is about a kid who is running for president and has a friend his name is lane. Lane is the vist president the kid name is Judson moon he gets votes from other stats he is competing with Mr. white, other presidents. In my openon I think this book is a good book for you to read. I like this book because he is a brave, no body can tell him what to do. he wonder if he can be the first kid who ran for president and people voted for him and he won the election voting.
My driving question is … what is the history rugby and how is it played. The rugby union world cup is held every 4 years. Awards given include the Webb Ellis Cup to the winning team.
By 1892, it was proposed that rugby players should be compensated for missing work to play. The proposed amount was six shilling, and this proposal was turned down by the RFU.
Professionalism in Rugby was allowed finally in 1898, but players still had to work at regular jobs.
Rugby has only been played as an olympic sport four times. and is still played today. The first time was in 1900 and the last time was in 1924.
There are various positions in rugby:
- The positions the 1 and 3 prop (they make up the front row)
- the hooker (which lines up the scrum between the two props)
- 4 and 5 locks (they are the second row forwards – also known as the locks)
- 6 and 7 flankers (open side and blind side flankers, which are often considered to be the players with the fewest set responsibilities. They need strength and speed for this position because they are tackling and handling skills
- number 8 (support play and ball- carrying are the no. 8’s area of.)
- scrum (acting as the link between the forwards and the backs, the half is a key player when it comes to building attacks.)
- 10 fly half (the heartbeat of the side and arguable the most influential player on the pitch.)
- 11 & 14 wing( playing out wide on the side of the pitch, the winger is a teame’s finisher in attack.)
- 12 & 13 centre( the inside centre who stands closest to the fly half when the backs line up.)
- 15 full back(lining up behind the entire back line, the full back.)
There are 15 players on the field at a time.